Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life in Lyman: ReBirthday


It is my first year rebirthday and it is a good and happy day for my family and a sad day for another family. One year ago a family lost a good man. I don't know much about him, but I know that he was generous in choosing to be an organ donor. I look forward to meeting him in heaven. My heart and prayers are with him and his family today. I will never be able to thank him enough. I have a perfectly functioning liver today thanks to him.

Please consider being an organ donor. The blessings will reach far beyond your imagination. You can give life. My donor gave me the gift of life. Like everyone's life mine is filled with joys and challenges and I am thankful for each new day.

4 comments:

Allen said...

There is a little red DONOR at the bottom of my drivers license now after following your blog this last year. Thanks for encouraging us to be better and become organ donors. I am glad you are still with us. Happy rebirthday.

mitchowl said...

Happy rebirthday.
"and many more....."

scott e said...

Allen, Thank you.

Lost Woman said...

Thought of you today. It is a beautiful re-birthday date and a such an amazing time of year.

If your donor family knew you they would see what a unique soul and family was blessed by their kindness.