Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oct 22-08 Drawing

I have another book concept that I am excited about and it has absolutely nothing to do with this drawing but I like posting images.

Deciding when to post new book ideas and drawings is always a bit of a dilemma for me. I find myself going through "love it" and "hate it" stages. Currently I "like it" and think that it has some great possibilities.

As for the posted drawing. This type of drawing is so much fun because it just happens. It is a calming meditation. When I start I never know what it will be. This one turned out pretty good I think. Trees are so fun to draw.

3 comments:

John Kendall said...

this looks like a sketch for a 200 foot tall sculpture. I've always thought BYU-Idaho needed one of those.

scott e said...

What a great idea. I have never considered these drawings in 3d form. I like how "big" you think:)

Mike Laughead said...

Because you always talk about these drawings as being fun exercises, it doesn't surprise me that they seem so you. I think this is a great style that could work it's way into a picture book very easily.