Sunday, February 04, 2007

First School Visit with a book!

I had the opportunity to visit the Kindergarten classes at Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg, Idaho last Wednesday. My plans were to go and show the book by projecting it with a digital projector. Well technology failed me and as it tuned out it wasn't so bad. I ended up sitting in the center of a semicircle where I read my wordless book to the class. I really wasn't sure how it would go, but it went just fine. They were doing a unit on the weather and so my book fit right in. I discovered it was pretty easy to read the book by asking questions and the students seemed to enjoy it.

I did run into one of the kindergarten student's parents on Thursday and they said that he came home talking about the book and how "confused" the little girl was, "She should know that you can't go out into the snow in a swimsuit."

What more could I ask for. They remembered my book! It was a lot of fun.

No comments: