Monday, January 08, 2007

Digital Illustration Class: Day 1

This semester I am teaching a digital illustration class that I have taught many times before. What will be different about this class is that the students will be posting their work along the way. I am really excited to see how the students progress.

Today was the first day. I decided to have them post their work on a blog so that they can begin to be seen by the illustration world and see what others are doing. Each student created a blog today and they will begin posting to their blogs soon.

This class is taught much like a media experimentation class where we will experiment with the kinds and varieties of marks that we can make with our tools. The students will do a simple still life to demonstrate that they understand the process. Then we will be using the word from Illustration Friday to create an illustration using the process that they just learned. Then they can make comments on each others work.

I am really interested to see how this experiment works. I will post links to the student blogs within the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I'm so excited to see their work! That's one of the classes I wish I had taken at BYU-I. I've always been interested in that stuff. :)

And I'm also so excited that I found your blog... I've been following it for a while actually. And I'm so thrilled about your book! From what I've seen, it looks fantastic!

Anyhow, good luck with the first week of classes! I wish I was there, but not really--who wants to deal with another Rexburg winter? ;)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I look foward to seeing their work!