Thursday, December 07, 2006

Emergency Room Book Promotion

I had a very strange evening yesterday. I will spare you all of the gory details, but last night I ended up in the emergency room at our local hospital. Don't worry, I am just fine now. While the nurse was putting in the IV the doctor was distracting me with chit chat about what I do for a living. I began to tell her that I have a children's book coming out in April. She said she would buy a copy of the book and recycle the money that I was spending in the emergency room. We talked with the staff during our few hours there and before we left they had my web address and knew that my book could be pre-ordered on Amazon.com.

My wife and I have been laughing about the situation and have decided that it wasn't a very profitable way to do book promotion. But if you are ever desperate enough to sell some books, make sure that you have a copy of your book with you, or at least a business card.

1 comment:

Ginger*:) said...

Funny, tense, but still shows the illustrator in you cannot be put down. Three cheers on getting home in good enough shape to laugh about it.

This is just another good reason to always have that "I am an illustrator" attitude.