Saturday, November 04, 2006

Spiderwick Field Guide makes a great gift

I gave my daughter the Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You (Spiderwick Chronicles)for her birthday today. What a big hit. She has packed it around with her all day. She shows it to everyone that comes to visit. Recently she has been drawing dragons. I thought if she was interested in drawing this kind of subject matter I wanted her to have good reference. It wasn't long before she figured out on her own that it would be a good resource to draw from. Mr. DiTerlizzi's artwork is absolutely amazing. First of all, if you haven't had a chance to read the Spiderwick chronicles. Read them! Read them to your children. A wonderful story that had my children anxiously awaiting the next chapter. Then there is the Field Guide. A beautiful, beautiful book. Thank you Toni DiTerlizzi and Holly Black for Spiderwick!

No comments: