Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hello to friends I have never met

I have really been enjoying reading the blogs of other authors and illustrators. It is strange how I feel that many of them are good friends and yet some of them I have never met. When I think about my life, I wonder if there is much interesting to say about myself.

I am very new to the world of children's literature. I have a book called, Unbrella that is being published by Roaring Brook Press in March of 2007. It is a wordless picture book that I am very proud of. I am working on several new ideas at the moment and have one of them submitted to a publisher. It has received a warm welcome and there has been one round of revisions. I am having fun with the new project and hope that I will be able to announce book two in the near future.

What a great way to make a living, writing and illustrating books for children. The industry is filled with people who want the world to be a better place.

This last weekend I attended the SCBWI Summer Conference and had a great experience. The Master Class with Tomie dePaola was the highlight of the conference. The other students came prepared with the homework assignments and gave me more than I could have hoped for. Thank you to any students of the Master Class who may read this.

No comments: